Wednesday, November 12, 2008

..and the shiney crystal ball says:

if only it was as simple as going to those fortune tellers along the boardwalk in atlantic city, or knowing whats going to happen because my cookie said so.. if only, right? well since it's up to me and not a cookie or some lady who wants to see my palm, what i would like is...

· a new job - sure retail is fun, but i don't want to be one of those people who get sucked into retail for life. i'm 20 and all the new people in there are 17. it's depressing that i'm getting too old, but i know it's time for a change. i'd like to find a simple desk job which could turn into something bigger and better in a few years. i've seen it hundreds of times that the small time clerk moves up in the company all based on the connections they had. i'd kill for that opportunity. ok if this new job fails then i wouldn't mind being a manager for the company, I want to be part of the "New Stores Team". They open all brands of the company across the world.. They travel for free and seem to have fun. So yeah.. I might have to sell my soul to Abercrombie and Fitch for a few more years..
· to build my own life - i'd love to be on my own, have a place of my own and strictly pay homage to myself (ok not entirely). but i always take care of other people and worry about them. i'm technically the youngest sister, yet i'm held to be the oldest figuratively. i know people need help, but it's a bummer when you're responsible for more than you should be. so i want a great job with a great place of my own. i'm sure everyone wants this in their future.
· to contribute - so after college, and after i find that new job.. i'd love to contribute to building my parents a home in the philippines. my parents aren't the youngest and they eventually wanna live there when i'm "grown up". so they deserve that after putting up with me for this long.

so how to get there? i think i need to be more aggressive with job hunting and junk. i know that i am capable of it all, and the fact that i'd like to do it mostly for my family is motivation in itself.

..ok aside from all that stuff, i wouldn't mind winning the lotto, jumping out of a plane, being a trophy wife, meeting edward cullen, and living happily ever after like cinderella `=P

4 comments:

jeinfunk said...

As someone whose soul is also currently being crushed by retail (alright, maybe that's not exactly what you said but I tend to assume all such jobs are soul-crushing) I totally see how tempting a desk job would be. For two years i worked writing market research reports. It was a magical time that basically equated to fancy free coffee and Facebooking all day, the only reason I ever left is because starring at a computer for 8 hours a day began to give me major migraines. As soon as they invent extra extra extra extra strength advil I'm running right back to such a job. Good luck doing the same... in the right environment its definetly a great experience.

Laila said...

Retail totally stinks I agree get out of there get an internship!!! They are so worth it in the long run def use Baruch resources to your advantage!! I got my current "desk job" from there but I must warn you it is farrrr from not stressfull!! But i get to travel 8 times a year on the company! So that is def a perk! But the one mistake I made that I tell everyone not to dont waste your summers working a dead end job get out there get an internship network because the skys the limit from there!! I know i totally regret not doing any internships!! Good Luck : )

Little Mommy said...

Out of everything, I love the fact that you see yourself helping your parents out. I think that is beautiful and something I always wanted to do for my mom. Best of luck girl. Everything and anything is possible.

DORIS said...

I think everyones looking for that amazing job oppertunity right now. As long as your motivated and willing to do the hard work that is involved there is no reason you shouldnt land that opportunity. It sucks to be the responsible one in the family. I have an older sister whos 23 and a younger brother whos 12 and i seem to have all the responsibility. I basically raised my brother, since both my parents were working, and act like an older sister to my older sister. So i feel your pain, but its time you live for yourself and let others take responsibility for themselves.